Encouragement reciprocates from one to another. Do you agree? I often find myself talking, texting, and writing various forms of encouragement to family members, friends, coworkers, and often total strangers and realize afterwards that I too received encouragement and a sense of feeling good in the process. I read something in one of John Piper’s devotionals decades ago and it has stuck with me throughout the years. In so many words or less, encouragement and praise are things we must intentionally set forth to do. These things do not happen naturally on their own.
My family and I LOVE to do things together. I believe a family that plays and prays together stays together. I also believe, just like with encouragement and praise, that we have to be intentional in our doings.
Otherwise, the activities of life tend to steer the way and we miss out on so much. While my family and I were out purposefully adventuring our way through a park, I found this tree growing in the most unusual place. Strange, right? Have you ever really considered the power of encouragement? It acts like a powerful force in one’s inner being and helps to initiate unusual things. Like this tree growing in this most unusual place, a person can thrive in the midst of intense adversity if the right “stuff” is present. Encouragement, I believe, is often one of the sources of this “stuff” that fuel the positive growth. I encourage you not to underestimate the power of your words. As my family and I are out and about and doing various things together, I remind myself, even now, to use my words wisely. My kids are like that growing tree and I want them to have the right “stuff” to thrive in this tumultuous world.
If you are anything like me, you sense how quickly life is passing by. My kiddos are growing so fast. Our stages of life change every year and I keep getting older and older. I feel as if there are so many things that I want to do and accomplish, yet there is so little time and resources to do and experience them all. Do you ever feel this way? I am just being honest here… In other blog posts, I have talked about how we spend approximately two thirds of our lives sleeping and working and this leaves only a third left for the things that we really want to do. I know I know… People do enjoy their work. But for most, work is only a means to an end. The more people I talk with, the more I believe this “means to an end” to be the norm. I dare say the fractional expression I use is a bit more extreme too, because I think that most people spend more than a third of their life working. Working just to live… It doesn’t seem right. I have learned over the years that an extremely busy schedule causes time to fly by even more fiercely. This repetitive reality encourages me to make my time count, because time is valuable and true wealth is much more than just money and resources. Make the time to spend the time with the people and things that matter most to you. Do you know what I mean? In this sense, life isn’t just passing you by.
Before we part, I want to provide some encouragement for you. I have found these activities to help me tremendously. These doings are in no particular order of importance. Rank them as you please.
- I encourage you to get good rest.
- I encourage you to exercise regularly.
- I encourage you to drink lots of water.
- I encourage you to eat healthy.
- I encourage you to listen to good music.
- I encourage you to sing.
- I encourage you to worship the Lord.
- I encourage you to read the Scriptures.
- I encourage you to pray.
- I encourage you to love.
- I encourage you to spend quality time with family and friends.
- I encourage you to admit your wrongdoings.
- I encourage you to ask for forgiveness.
- I encourage you to forgive.
- I encourage you to be gracious and hospitable.
- I encourage you to be a good friend.
- I encourage you to evaluate your doings.
- I encourage you to prioritize your activities.
- I encourage you to smile.
- I encourage you to take deep breaths.
- I encourage you to focus on the things that really matter.
- I encourage you to learn and implement.
- I encourage you to hug and show affection.
- I encourage you to verbally express your gratitude.
- I encourage you to dream.
- I encourage you to make a way for your dreams to become a reality.
- I encourage you to truly live.
- I encourage you to encourage.
It’s fair to say that I could go on and on here, but you get my point. When you lift up the spirits of others, you too will find unusual strength to carry forward. Encouragement is wind for our sails and there is nothing like feeling good along the way in our journey of life!
If you got value from this blog, please share it and subscribe to my blog site. Also if you like connecting with people like me online, feel free to send me a Facebook friend request. You can reach me at Jimmie Gose. You can also reach me on the FREE, business, friendly platform at IBOTOOLBOX.
I am a MBA Professional and am journeying towards true time and financial freedom. I am happily married and a father of five great kiddos. Feel free to explore my website at great lengths and please make it a point to connect with me. To Our Success!!!